At NYNOW 2015 – the gift, home and lifestyle industry fair at the Jacob Javitz Center in New York City – there were alot of emerging trends going on and I’m going to share the retail trend dish with you!
Here’s my top ten list of what’s going to be hot in the upcoming shopping scene:
1. Mink, Rabbit and Fox Fur
2. Mosaic Furniture
8. Lamb Fur
9. Simple Design
1. First things first..there was so much soft and silky fur in the home decor, artisan and clothing sections. Not all the fur was real, but they felt luxurious. Get the look with a scarf, throw blanket, coat, and hat.
2. Mosaic puzzle pieced tables, mirrors and more will have you mesmerized at all angles. Get the look with an artisan style coffee table.
3. It doesn’t look like texting will be going out of style anytime soon…so as long as we have those cute smiley faces and happy poop icons on our phone…they too will find a home in other parts of our daily lives. Get the look with a pillow or wallet.
4. I know it sounds weird, but I couldn’t help notice an abundance of pears scattered across booths on both floors of the Javits. I particularly am allergic, but they were shown in many home decor settings. I can safely digest that! Get the look with a cookie jar.
5. Wood keyboard decals and full keyboards made of wood. Get the look for your mac.
Image cred: https://www.etsy.com/listing/195722475/real-oak-wood-macbook-keyboard-skin?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_mid-electronics_and_accessories-decals_and_skins-keyboard&utm_custom1=cfa08315-9524-4ed2-ae49-c25709b37724&kpid=195722475&gclid=CIKbl9zGrscCFUcXHwodQWoNNw
6. Cupcake sprinkles as a fun pattern. Get the look with a clutch and on party supplies.
8. Lamb fur was a significant statement in throw pillows and blankets.
9. Simplistic designs, fonts and icons in jewelry, packagings and textiles. Get the look with a necklace and earrings.
10. Ottomans! Lots of them in all textures and styles. Gotta get me one of those. Get the look with an accent piece in your living room that your feet will love to lay on.
For more information about the show, visit http://www.nynow.com/